Winter Week in Isokenkäisten Klubi
Winter leisure program in Kuusamo Lapland
During our winter week you'll have several programs such as skiing and snowshoe experience, winter fishing, visit to Reindeer Farm, Kota cooking and smoke sauna. Plus lots of optional programs.
Main Features & High Lights
Coziness of Isokenkäisten Klubi: The main building, where the restaurant and lounge are, is where you will be spending most of your indoors-time. You kick off your shoes and relax by the fireplace wearing the handmade woolen socks which you are given as a welcome gift.
Finnish sauna: Experience the true sauna, the smoke sauna. This type of sauna is said to be the “mother of all saunas”, the most original form of sauna. It is heated for several hours; you can observe the heating process during the day. There will be bath whisks to give you a healthy massage, turf to pamper your skin and the brave ones get an ultimate flush from the dip in the ice-hole. This is wellness in Finnish; don’t feel unsecure by the unfamiliar sauna traditions, Katja and Sirpa will tell you all about the sauna know-how to ensure a fantastic and pleasant sauna experience.
Fresh air and silence: Feel the silence, the calm and soothing feeling of pure nature. The surrounding of Isokenkäisten Klubi calls you to explore. Snowshoes are a fantastic way to get familiar with the nature. An experienced guide will take you out on your first day, so that you get familiar with the surroundings at once. Home gourmet: The philosophy of cooking is very simple, tasty homemade food. No ready-made dishes from the freezer, but fresh meals prepared from start to finish in the kitchen of Isokenkäisten Klubi.
- DAY 1 – Arrival, transfer from the airport
- DAY 2 – The Great Outdoors, The Forest Skiing and Snowshoe experience around Klubi (4,5 hrs incl. picnic lunch)
- DAY 3 – A Winter’s Day Spent Fishing (2-3 hrs)
- DAY 4 – Local Reindeer Farm & Aurora’s Delights (day program 8 hrs)
- DAY 5 – Kota-cooking & Smoke sauna (day program 2-3 hrs, sauna in the evening)
- DAY 6 – Optional Husky Ride, Russian Feast at dinnertime
- DAY 7 – Day at leisure
- DAY 8 – Departure, transfer to the airport